The 7 Bible Questions
We all get here eventually. Questioning the Bible and its contents. We don’t do it with history, science, or other academic books. Why? Because no-one questions their contents.
So, who questions the contents of the Bible? That is not an easily answered question, but I can say it is most likely atheists, some scientists, science enthusiasts, other religions, non-believers, and yes…especially those who never read it.
I am sure there are many others, but I just want to show you the depth of those opposing its existence. Why? Probably lots of reasons, but it’s better to ask them than to speculate. Besides this is about the Bible, not non-believers.
However, I will touch on one of the groups listed. Some scientists. There is a list of scientists that do believe in God, but I would imagine they need to temper their faith and belief for the scientific community. How would a scientist explain his long-winded finding if he just said, “God created it.”?
Then there is the conspiracy theorist that believe it is a book that can hypnotize you into believing or oppress the readers. I wonder how that actually works with any book? Sounds absurd…right?
There will always be those that want their beliefs forced on others if they don’t believe in an idea that could change even their thinking. I do have to wonder whether they actually read the Bible or the “hypnotize” concept has just been passed down?
I read parts of the Bible years ago and it didn’t change a thing in my thinking. Why? Because I wasn’t ready for my life to be changed. Of course, not being a Bible believer at the time I had no idea my life could even be changed.
Now, I have some questions for you to ponder about the Bible:
- Have you ever read any part of the Bible?
- Do you believe in God?
- How do you feel personally seeing someone reading the Bible in public?
- Do you think it is just a book of words and nice stories?
- Do you believe it is a dangerous book?
- Do you know what the Bible is about?
- Do you believe it is a book of conspiracy theories?
Once you have had the time to ponder those questions, I will add my comments to each question and hope that might clear up some confusion.
- I have read many parts, but not the whole book, unfortunately.
- I do believe in God without a doubt in my mind. Personally and scientifically.
- When I see anyone reading anything I don’t think anything. It could be a newspaper or comic book and judging them is not mine to do, so I go on with my life.
- It is a book of stories both good and bad actually. There are good times and times of suffering. It is really a book on how to live your life in the best way possible.
- It could be dangerous if someone got hit with it very hard I guess. But, it will cause you to do good things, so I guess it is somewhat hypnotic in a good way.
- In general terms, it is a book of how to live your life from God written by men.
- Well, there is a good response to that question. The bible stories span over 1500 years with scientific proof of age. The stories were written in different countries, by diverse people, in different languages, from different walks of life. And, many under threat of oppression, prosecution, and death.
Now that you know my thoughts, you have the option of learning for yourself if you choose.
Each of us makes a conscious decision on how to live our lives good or bad. Of course, we all have the option of changing bad to good if we choose. If you decide to know more and would like some assistance, please send us an email. If you have any hesitations or concerns about the bible please let us know and we will do our best to help you. EMAIL US or comment below. Thanks.
Blessing to all,
John & Jean